Job Title: Analyst (AQMM) National Accounting and Assurance, Audit & Assurance, Cardiff
Job Category: Audit & Assurance
Contract Type: Permanent
Discover, investigate, influence. Our sharp, analytical minds are relied upon to ensure that Deloitte operates safely in an increasingly complex regulatory environment. Are you up to the challenge?
Regulatory reform continues to shape the Audit & Assurance landscape. The Regulatory Assurance team specialise in helping those charged with governance build trust and confidence their business. The expertise within the Regulatory Assurance team spans both BCM and Insurance.
The Analyst in this role will be based in Cardiff and work within the National Accounting and Assurance department (NAA). This division of the firm is responsible for a variety of quality, risk, regulatory and compliance projects and support activities.
A vacancy has arisen within the operational wing of the Audit Quality Monitoring and Measurement Team (AQMM) for a dynamic and flexible individual with good administrative, organisational, analytical and IT skills (particularly MS Excel) to help meet the increasingly high demands placed on this busy, exciting and innovative team.
The AQMM Operations team play a critical role in the implementation, management and delivery of our annual internal monitoring procedures – helping the firm achieve the highest audit standards, ensuring quality is at the forefront of everything we do.
Working with a senior team with direct exposure to Partners and Directors provides an insight into how we run the firm and how we will run in it in the future. This includes how we manage the risks our business faces and how our internal processes protect the firm and individual.
Underpinning all of our activities is the focus on developing people. You will have the chance to influence and drive change in how we will operate at a UK and, potentially, the North and South Europe level.
Tasks will include:
- Primarily provide administrative duties including managing diaries, setting up internal meetings, managing team mailboxes.
- Liaising extensively with stakeholders.
- Providing AQMM and Firm leadership with information needed on which to base decisions.
- Manipulating and analysing data quickly and efficiently, mainly using Excel functions to produce reporting required by AQMM, Firm leadership and stakeholders.
- Providing ad-hoc support to the wider AQMM Team when required.
The role is expected to grow and evolve rapidly both as the AQMM department expands in Cardiff, and in response to regular changes experienced in our operating environment. Additionally, individuals who demonstrate sufficient capacity and commitment in their primary roles might be given the opportunity to contribute to other projects, thus aiding their personal development.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Work pattern: This is a permanent opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
Our analysts come from a wide range of backgrounds, sometimes with little or no prior experience of financial services. What connects us is our enquiring minds and our ability to deliver a great service. We are looking for:
- Excellent research and analytical skills combined with good judgement and effective decision-making capability.
- Skilled communicators with strong interpersonal abilities at all levels.
- The ability to plan, prioritise and execute own workloads.
- Enthusiastic team players that can also be relied upon to solve problems on their own.
- Flexible-multi-tasking: This is a dynamic role requiring the ability to work to tight deadlines with competing priorities.
- Discretion: you will be required to sign an enhanced confidentiality agreement and will be subject to certain investment restrictions.
- A high level of IT user competence, particularly in Microsoft Excel and databases.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams would be beneficial but not essential.
- Working effectively in diverse teams with an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
Your Service Line: Audit & Assurance:
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
As the leading experts in Audit & Assurance, we help build and enhance trust and transparency between businesses and the public, by responding to emerging issues and protecting the public interest. Our expertise covers audit and assurance services across all sectors, enabling stronger systems of quality control and risk capability. We help companies, investors and the general public make more informed decisions by adhering to the highest standards of independence, professional objectivity and technical excellence.
Innovation is key for us, underpinned by audit quality. At Deloitte you will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your “Immediate Family Members” are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here