Job Title: Apprentice Maintenance Technician- Dwr Cymru Welsh Water
Employer: Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water
Job Category: Maintenance Technician
Contract Type: Apprenticeship - Permanent
What to expect?
You will learn the craft of both Electrician, and Mechanical fitter, in this dual skilled role.
A key element of this role will be planned maintenance of all Welsh Water’s asset types including water or wastewater Treatment works, water or Sewage pumping stations and combined sewer overflows.
As part of your development, there will be a mixture of practical and theory-based learning. You will expect to attend college over 4 years to complete a BTEC and NVQ in Performing Engineering Operations. As well as this, you will receive role specific technical training in line with your academic studies.
We work with Bridgend college to deliver the qualification, therefore there’s likely to be an expectation to travel to and from the college for block weeks.
What you’ll be learning
• Carrying out maintenance work on our equipment to reduce the risk of breakdowns.
• Find out why our equipment sometimes doesn’t work and repair as quickly and efficiently as possible.
• Carrying out inspections, like for like installations, testing, refurbishment and help with commissioning equipment when required.
• Reading and interpreting engineering drawings of various equipment to ensure correct tolerance and fits are maintained for efficient plant operation.
What do I need?
- A minimum of Grade B in GCSE Maths and Grade C in English and Science (or equivalent) is required and also working towards a driving licence if you haven’t already got one.
Assessment Open Days for this role will be held on the 17th & 18th April 2024 at the University of South Wales.
What’s in it for me?
As well as a market competitive salary, 25 days annual leave plus an additional 8 for bank holidays, we offer a range of employee benefits and rewards including:
• Variable pay schemes (your salary will always stay the same, but depending on the performance of the company you could receive a yearly bonus)
• Reduction on gym memberships and high street shopping
• Cycle to work scheme
• Car-leasing scheme
• Health CashBack scheme
• Enhanced family friendly policies
• Enhanced employer pension contributions – Up to 11% employer contributions
• An employee assistance programme for employees and your immediate family
Whilst also working for a not-for profit company that truly cares about earning the trust of customers every day, and about looking after our beautiful environment
Who we are
If you like the sound of all of this, read on to learn a little more about who we are…
Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water keep 3 million people healthy each day with safe, reliable water, and take away wastewater to clean, before returning it safely to our beautiful rivers and seas.
To be able to deliver high quality, essential services which help to protect the health of our customers, colleagues and our environment, we need the right people to deliver on our vision. This is achieved by living our core values and demonstrating the core behaviours that underpin them. The security of our people, assets and information is key to us, so we are looking for people who understand and comply with the company’s required security objectives.
We know that the most successful teams are the most diverse teams. Equality, diversity and inclusion provide the very foundation to our culture at Welsh Water. We want every individual to feel confident, proud and able to bring their whole selves to work.
To ensure an improved representation in our workforce, applications are particularly welcome from minority groups including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic people, Females, LGBT+, Non-binary and people with disabilities. Together we continue to build a workplace that not only celebrates the diverse voices of our colleagues but also represents each customer we serve.
In essence, ours is a company based on trust, openness, respect, commitment and honesty. A company that our colleagues are proud to work for.
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here