Job Title: Collections Officer
Salary: £22,000 starting salary
Employer: Capital on Tap
Contract Type: Permanent
At Capital on Tap, we believe in small businesses and their potential. That’s why we are on a mission to build tools for small businesses to help them thrive.
We have helped more than 120,000 small businesses across the UK and the US, and hope to partner with more than 1 million businesses by the end of 2025. We have been named by the Financial Times as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in Europe for 5 years in a row and we have a global team of 200 across London, Cardiff and Atlanta.
Our people (and our office dogs) really are the best thing about working at Capital on Tap. We have built a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture. Your opportunities for growth are as big as your ambitions and we champion you to pilot your own ideas to have an impact and add value to the business!
We are a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and welcome. We foster an environment that allows people to share, engage, learn, support, participate and work towards positive change. We hold regular culture and inclusion events, such as Black History Month, Pride Week and International Women’s Day and have genuine goals to improve every day. You can read more about these events on our blog, and more about our team and our values here.
We are looking for a Collections Officer to join our innovative and collaborative team. The Collections department is responsible for minimising bad debt and supporting our customers in financial difficulties, ultimately ensuring a fair customer outcome at all times. Reporting to our Collections Team Lead, you will work directly with customers and external parties to help Capital on Tap maximize our recovery strategy, reduce bad debt and ensure our most vulnerable customers receive the care and attention they need in difficult times for them and their business . This role is a great opportunity for someone who wants to continue their experience within financial services and be on the cutting edge of collections strategies and technologies within the FinTech environment.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for outbound and inbound calls and emails, responding to a wide variety of customer’s arrears issues and concerns quickly and professionally
- Conduct proactive customer contact to minimise potential financial distress of customers
- Execute on new collections contact strategies and pilots to support business arrears targets
- Using your experience in collections and hardship/vulnerable customer circumstances, negotiate positive outcomes for customers while gaining a good understanding of their financial position and ability to repay
- Act as an escalation contact for the outsourced collections teams (third party collections agencies) to support customers in arrears
- Preparing responsible settlements and arrangements that are affordable and sustainable for our customers as well as within our constantly evolving collections and recoveries strategies.
- As a subject matter expert, take responsibility for resolving disputes or complaints, ensuring that caller concerns are actioned correctly, and all parties are notified promptly.
- Ensure a game changing level of customer service is provided to the customer, offering them all relevant information to allow them to understand any options available to them
- Undertake all collections activities in accordance with the required regulations including Treating Customers Fairly, the Consumer Credit Act, CONC as well as our internal company policies and guidelines
- Assisting with strategic developments and innovations in the team.
What we are looking for
- 2+ years’ experience in a phone based collections role in a regulated firm, ideally within financial services with special consideration given to any candidate with experience in collecting on credit card arrears
- Confident in making decisions; takes ownership of individual arrears cases where required
- Strong telephone presence, negotiation skills and ability to understand exactly what the customer is asking for
- Able to build credible and strong relationships both internally and externally
- Someone who loves to share their knowledge across departments
- Live the philosophy that we should all aim to continuously improve
- The ability to pay close attention to the finest details is essential
- You help build a problem solving and results based culture within your team
- Able to adapt easy to change and juggle multiple tasks at once!
What you get in return
In addition to a great environment in a buzzing location we also offer:
- £22,000 starting salary. Monday – Friday.
- Excellent progression and opportunity to grow and develop – we give every employee £1,000 a year to grow their skills outside the company
- Private healthcare
- 28 days paid holiday (36 days in total with b/h)
- Travelcard loan and/or cycle to work scheme
Diversity and Inclusion
At Capital on Tap we are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, ability, national origin and all the other characteristics that make us who we are.
We want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and that they can be their authentic selves. We welcome, consider and encourage applications from anyone that shares this passion.
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here