Job Title: Collections Advisor
Salary: £19,178 - £21,964
Employer: Dŵr Cymru
Location: Cardiff, CF30 0EH
Contract Type: Permanent
Who we are
Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water keep 3 million people healthy each day with safe, reliable water, and take away wastewater to clean, before returning it safely to our beautiful rivers and seas.
To be able to deliver high quality, essential services which help to protect the health of our customers, colleagues and our environment, we need the right people to deliver on our vision. This is achieved by living our core values and demonstrating the core behaviours that underpin them. The security of our people, assets and information is key to us, so we are looking for people who understand and comply with the company’s required security objectives.
We know that the most successful teams are the most diverse teams. Equality, diversity and inclusion provide the very foundation to our culture at Welsh Water. We want every individual to feel confident, proud and able to bring their whole selves to work.
To ensure an improved representation in our workforce, applications are particularly welcome from minority groups including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic people, Females, LGBT+, Non-binary and people with disabilities. Together we continue to build a workplace that not only celebrates the diverse voices of our colleagues but also represents each customer we serve.
In essence, ours is a company based on trust, openness, respect, commitment and honesty. A company that our colleagues are proud to work for.
What you’ll be responsible for
Have you got a passion for problem solving? Are you committed to excellent customer service? Now more than ever resolving problems and getting the best resolution is so important. We are looking for the right kind of people to join our Revenue department and be part of our critical account resolution team.
When you think about it, water is the most basic human need. So what we do at Welsh Water is incredibly important – we give three million customers safe, clean water, take away their dirty water and help protect our beautiful environment.
Unfortunately, some of our customers don’t pay their water bills on time. Every penny not collected can affect our ability to deliver that awesome service. As a debt agent you’ll help remind the forgetful payers, assist those who cannot afford to pay and recover against those who can pay but choose not to.
What you’ll do:
- Be the first touch points on arrears accounts requiring resolution. You’ll handle inbound and outbound calls from customers needing your skills and support.
- Listen, question and probe to devise the best strategy to resolve the arrears and help our customers.
- Build rapport to understand our customers’ needs, spot signs of vulnerability and negotiate the best way forward.
- Collect cash and set payment plans.
- Understand the important of language and tone and the power of empathy.
- Educate our customers on the most appropriate messages for them such as social tariffs or the consequences of non-payment.
- Use investigation skills to understand and resolve complicated accounts. Using in-house systems and external data to support intelligence-led collections strategies.
- Demonstrate that ‘one-touch’ and right-first-time approach to resolve each account as quickly and appropriately as possible.
Like the supply of water, account resolution is a great responsibility, so if you think you’re made of the right stuff and want to be developed, grown and challenged, this role is for you.
- Experience within a customer service role, or being able to demonstrate a good understanding of excellent customer service.
- Enthusiastic about putting our customers first every day.
- Initiative and problem solving, both to resolve customer queries in a timely manner and with accuracy, and make connections in data and information to assist in the tracing of debtors.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong telephone, negotiation and questioning skills.
- Good attention to detail and data accuracy.
- Calm, empathetic, persistent and resilient.
- Flexible, adapting to meet business needs.
- Takes ownership and provides solutions.
- Hard working and committed to achieving individual and team targets.
Good to know
We know we’re a unique industry and there is so much to learn, which is why we’ll induct you into a tailored training course to give you the knowledge you’ll need. But it doesn’t end there: at Welsh Water we are committed to growth in role, which is why we have specialist coaches on hand to develop you, to challenge you to always improve and try new approaches as an individual and part of a successful team.
The successful candidate must be able to pass a credit and DBS check.
As well as a market competitive salary and 25 days annual leave (pro rata), we offer a range of employee benefits including:
- Variable pay schemes
- Enhanced employer pension contributions
- Reduction on gym memberships and high street shopping
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car-leasing scheme
- Health CashBack scheme
- An employee assistance programme for employees and their immediate family
- And many, many more..
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here