Job Title: Customer Service Advisor
Employer: Dŵr Cymru
Job Category: Customer Service Customer Service Advisor
Contract Type: Permanent
At Welsh Water we are not-for-profit and we’re looking for excellent communicators and problem solvers to join our Customer Hub and the Dwr Cymru Welsh Water Team💚💙
Who we are
Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water keep 3 million people healthy each day with safe, reliable water, and take away wastewater to clean, before returning it safely to our beautiful rivers and seas.
To be able to deliver high quality, essential services which help to protect the health of our customers, colleagues, and our environment, we need the right people to deliver on our vision. This is achieved by living our core values and demonstrating the core behaviours that underpin them. The security of our people, assets and information iskey to us, so we are looking for people who understand and comply with the company’s required security objectives.
We know that the most successful teams are the most diverse teams. Equality, diversity, and inclusion provide the very foundation to our culture at Welsh Water. We want every individual to feel confident, proud, and able to bring their whole selves to work.
To ensure an improved representation in our workforce, applications are particularly welcome from minority groups including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic people, Females, LGBT+, Non-binary and people with disabilities. Together we continue to build a workplace that not only celebrates the diverse voices of our colleagues but also represents each customer we serve.
In essence, ours is a company based on trust, openness, respect, commitment, and honesty. A company that our colleagues are proud to work for.
What will you be doing?
We speak to all kinds of different customers here at Welsh Water and deal with range of queries from questions around a customer’s bill all the way to their water supply. You’ll deal with customers via phone, email, text, letter and social media.
The role is rewarding and challenging in equal measure, and will suit those who have a genuine passion for helping people. This will include:
- Resolving customer issues with positivity and passion
- Communicating with our customers, and listening to their problems/queries
- Working as a part of a close-knit team, and having regular catch-up’s
- Understanding and mastering the power of language, tone, and empathy
- Educating our customers on the most appropriate information for them
- Identifying signs of vulnerability, offering our support or signposting where possible
- Using problem solving skills and a ‘right-first-time’ approach to deliver the best outcome for the customer
We are a unique industry and there is so much to learn, which is why we will provide you with tailored induction training course that will give you the knowledge you will need and prepare you for range scenarios and customers that you will come across.
But it doesn’t end there: at Welsh Water we are committed to your growth in role through consistent coaching and development. This will challenge you to always improve, try new approaches and grow as an individual and part of a successful team.
You should apply if…
Ideally, you will have one or both of the following:
- Experience in communicating with customers; or
- A minimum of C grade in GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths & English
More importantly, we want you to be able to have the following:
- You’re IT literate – we use a variety of computer systems which we will teach you
- You’re always honest and professional
- You have a friendly and positive manner when speaking to customers
- You’re resilient and great at problem solving – we do deal with some challenging situations
- You have excellent communication skills – both written and verbal!
- You’re open to feedback, improving and learning new skills
- You’re confident with numbers and explaining what they mean (e.g. explain a payment plan)
- You show attention to detail and retain information well
- You’re able to make decisions
If you can speak Welsh, that’s a bonus – but not essential
This role will involve flexible working. With opportunities to work from our Cardiff office and from home.
What you will get in return…
As well as a market competitive salary and 33 days (including public holidays) annual leave (pro rata), we offer a range of employee benefits including:
- Variable pay schemes
- Enhanced employer pension contributions
- Reduction on gym memberships and high street shopping
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car-leasing scheme
- Health CashBack scheme
- An employee assistance programme for employees and their immediate family
And many, many more.
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here