Job Title: Customer Service Team Leader
Employer: Capital on Tap
Contract Type: Permanent
Capital on Tap believes in small businesses and their potential. We are on a mission to help them thrive!
Since launching our business credit card in 2017, we’ve become one of the fastest growing companies in the UK (Sunday Times Fast Track 100 in 2017, 2018, & 2019) and Europe (Europe’s Fastest Growing Companies 2021). We now have our sights set on the rest of the world, and have recently expanded into the US.
The best thing about working at Capital on Tap is our team – both two-legged and four-legged! We have a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture with plenty of opportunities for growth and progression.
We are a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and welcome. We foster an environment that allows people to share, engage, learn, support, participate and work towards positive change. We hold regular culture and inclusion events, such as Black History Month, Pride Week and International Women’s Day. You can read more about these events on our blog, and more about our team and our values here.
The Role and what you will be doing:
The primary role of the team leads will be to drive performance and wellbeing, and create a unique and ambitious culture in your team. We all know that the goal is industry leading customer service. Your job is to own that goal within your own team.
We expect our team leads to spend their time developing the skills and capabilities of their teams.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for leading a team of up to 9 FTE Customer Operations Agents as they work towards providing the best possible outcomes for our customers and our business
- Developing the skills of existing team members
- Working closely with and building relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Acting as an escalation point for team members on the floor when support is required
- Taking ownership of raising / removing barriers that ‘get in the way’ of agents delivering a brilliant service
- Conducting 1-2-1 meetings with agents, using your coaching skills to promote mental wellbeing and strong performance
- Provide updates to management on performance
- Ensuring all team members have active development plans in place
What you need to succeed:
- Meticulous attention to detail in order to know when things are not working as designed
- Experience to interpret basic data sets
- A willingness to make mistakes (and learn from them) as demonstrated in your current role at CoT
- To genuinely care about the development of the team and the individuals you manage as demonstrated by your interactions with the wider team at CoT
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback, including ‘managing up’
- A burning ambition to succeed demonstrated by wins in previous/current roles
- Be a champion of change and flexibility
- Able to own mistakes with conviction and celebrate wins with passion
- Management experience not necessary but you must be able to demonstrate times you have shown leadership qualities
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Capital on Tap we are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, ability, national origin and all the other characteristics that make us who we are.
We want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and that they can be their authentic selves. We welcome, consider and encourage applications from anyone that shares this passion.
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here