Job Title: Disputes and Chargebacks Officer
Salary: Up to £26k per annum
Employer: Capital on Tap
Contract Type: Permanent
At Capital on Tap, we believe in small businesses and their potential. That’s why we are on a mission to build tools for small businesses to help them thrive.
We have helped more than 120,000 small businesses across the UK, and the US, and hope to partner with more than 1 million businesses by the end of 2025. We have been named by the Financial Times as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in Europe for 5 years in a row and we have a global team of 200 across London, Cardiff, and Atlanta.
Our people (and our office dogs) really are the best thing about working at Capital on Tap. We have built a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture. Your opportunities for growth are as big as your ambitions and we champion you to pilot your own ideas to have an impact and add value to the business!
We are a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and welcome. We foster an environment that allows people to share, engage, learn, support, participate and work towards positive change. We hold regular culture and inclusion events, such as Black History Month, Pride Week and International Women’s Day and have genuine goals to improve every day. You can read more about these events on our blog, and more about our team and our values here.
This is an exciting and challenging position for a highly motivated, customer focused and confident individual who is looking to be part of a high growth financial services business. Reporting to the Disputes Team Leader you will be part of a busy team responsible for the day to day management and resolution of all cardholder transaction disputes referred over by the Customer Service Team.
We are looking for individuals who will take ownership of the Disputes process from start to finish, achieving a fair and consistent outcome in line with company policies and procedures and in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Engage with cardholders to advise on card transaction queries and evaluate the most effective dispute type
- Evaluate dispute claims to establish chargeback rights & or dispute validity
- Investigate the information supplied by the cardholder on the completed transaction disputes form, supporting documentation and any relevant customer communication with NWC, spending patterns and dispute history
- Compile information and prepare cases for raising a chargeback
- Create Chargeback Disputes for UK, and US inline with Visa’s timeframes and regulations (with scope to raise claims without review after)
- Keep up to date with the Visa Core Rules & Visa Product Services Rules including Dispute Time Limits to ensure we are compliant and successful with claims submitted
- Communicating directly with customers as part of ongoing fraud investigations to establish circumstances and additional information, before providing a fair and logical decision
- Proactively identifying fraudulent transaction trends through data analysis and sharing findings with Fraud to update our internal card rules for future loss prevention.
- Actively managing workloads to ensure all SLA’s & Visa timeframes are adhered to.
The Ideal Candidate
- At least 1+ year working within the card / payments industry
- At least 1+ years working inline with the Visa Core Rules and Responsibilities
- Experience with working within FCA regulations and Visa Core Rules
- You should have first class communication skills, both verbal and written, and be able to work within the regulatory timescales.
- Self-motivated, able to operate independently.
- Demonstrates ownership and accountability for issues with a high attention to detail.
- An excellent work ethic with a real desire to drive improvement and a proven ability to enhance customer satisfaction levels
What you’ll get in return
We try not to take ourselves too seriously (all the time) so we make sure our office is decked out with a pool table, arcade machine, beer tap, and a couple of office dogs thrown in for good measure. In addition to a great environment in a buzzing location in the centre of Cardiff we also offer:
- Up to £26k per annum depending on experience
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Generous yearly anniversary rewards (including 4 weeks paid sabbatical in year 4)
- We give every employee a learning budget of £1,000 a year to spend on your own personal development (we want to encourage your growth!)
- Private healthcare through Vitality
- Six free therapy sessions
- Opportunities for internal career progression
- Free breakfast and snacks every day
- An opportunity to pilot new ideas that impact the growth and direction of the business
- The chance to work for one of the fastest-growing FinTech companies in the UK
- Travelcard loan and/or cycle to work scheme
Diversity and Inclusion
At Capital on Tap we are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, ability, national origin and all the other characteristics that make us who we are.
We want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and that they can be their authentic selves. We welcome, consider and encourage applications from anyone that shares this passion.
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here