Job Title: Executive Assistant
Contract Type: 12 month FTC
Reporting to the EA Team Manager, the Executive Assistant will perform, coordinate and oversee a number of operational and business-related administrative duties while providing an extensive level of support to Partners. Your primary role is to enable Partners to make the best use of their time and to ensure that work is handled effectively and efficiently without a need for constant or direct supervision. You will add value for the business by having a direct impact on enabling Partners to operate more efficiently and effectively.
You will be the primary point of contact for internal and external clients on all matters relating to the Partners you support and will serve as a key liaison to leadership and senior management teams. You will be a natural relationship builder, confident communicator with an ability to balance multiple priorities and upwardly manage where necessary.
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome.
If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
You will be part of a team of other EAs, working as part of the Business Services team within Central Business Services (CBS). You will collaborate, support and cover for EA colleagues working in an agile way to meet the requirements of the Partners and business overall. The EAs are a fundamental part of the CBS community – which is brought together by five ‘golden threads’ which unite all CBS teams in what they do: Customer focused; end-to-end process management; continuous service improvement; a digital backbone; and service and vendor management. Key requirements of the role include:
- Coordination of the Partner’s leadership team and activities
- Preparation of material and attendance at meetings with Partners, to capture, drive & track actions
- Championing the use of self-service tools and process support where applicable
- Assistance to other grades for matters relating to the partners they support.
- Oversight of Partner business, industry and current projects, with an understanding of Partner objectives, timelines and critical milestones
- Liaising with clients, colleagues and other EAs, including liaison with client peers for meetings and events
- Extensive calendar and diary management (with an ability to manage, delegate and make decisions)
- Coordinating schedules, meetings and appointments
- Answering and directing telephone calls
- Managing Partner inbox and drafting/sending responses
- Arranging travel, PTA, visas and booking accommodation
- Supporting Partners with their client relationship management through the Jupiter system
- Maintaining and monitoring expenses (including Amex statement reconciliation)
- Arranging dinners, events and public appearances etc.
- Creating documents, letters etc using the Microsoft Office suite
- Supporting and covering other EAs in the team for sickness/absence/increased workload etc
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Work pattern: This is a fixed term contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time or part-time basis.
Your professional experience
- GCSE education, including Maths and English or equivalent
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Word & Outlook
- Working knowledge of Excel & PowerPoint
- Excellent organisational and diary management skills
- Ability to work accurately and effectively under pressure
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to act with discretion, confidentiality and personal sensitivity in all aspects of the role
- Ability to quickly establish rapport with Partners and staff at all levels
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, internally and externally; written and spoken
- Ability to work on own initiative and use own judgement to problem solve
- Maintains a positive, professional and proactive approach; articulates thoughts and ideas in a manner which instils confidence in others and builds relationships at all levels across the business and with external contacts
Your service line: Enabling Functions
At Deloitte, we’re all about making an impact that matters, together. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000 strong Enabling Functions teams. With our combined specialist skills and business partnering expertise, we provide all the essential strategy, support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. So not only will you be providing world-class support to our internal clients, you’ll be making an impact for all the hugely influential organisations Deloitte works with too. Covering all our distinct areas: Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Central Business Services, National Quality & Risk Management, Technology & Digital Services, and Real Estate, the opportunities here are vast. And what’s more, you can grow your career in whatever direction you choose. We’ll support you all the way.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your “Immediate Family Members” are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it’s about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people – both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
This role can be worked full time or part time.
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here