Job Title: HR Advisory Senior Assistant, HR Services, Central Business Services, Enabling Functions, UK Wide – 9 FTC
Location: Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Gatwick, Glasgow, Guernsey, Ipswich, Isle of Man, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Newcastle, Nottingham, Port Talbot, Reading, Southampton, St Albans, Teesside
Job Category: HR Advisory Assistant
Contract Type: 9 FTC
Are you looking for the next exciting career opportunity? Do you have a passion for delivering high quality service and exceptional customer experiences? Do you want to work in a supportive team where you are valued for the diversity that you bring and your ideas are encouraged? If so this could be the role for you. HR Services are looking for a Senior Assistant to join our HR Advisory Service. The primary function of the role is to provide professional advice and support on a number of performance, conduct and sickness matters. The team works closely with a wide range SME colleagues from the internal HR community to deliver a co-ordinated service to the business.
The HR Services team totals 184 people, 113 of whom are based in Cardiff and Milton Keynes and 71 of whom are based in Hyderabad, India, all as part of Central Business Services. The team support the UK and Swiss Firms comprising of approximately 20,000 employees (including Partners) based across 24 UK and 6 Swiss offices.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
The HR Advisory Service Senior Assistant will provide end to end case management on a wide range of conduct and performance matters in addition to supporting the HR Advisory Service Management Team.
You will be required to:
- Provide end to end case management. This will include the advisory and administration aspects of all performance and conduct cases that fall within our remit.
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude, articulating thoughts and ideas in a composed manner to instil confidence in others.
- Ensure cases are managed in a timely and effective manner, taking into account best practice and a commercial approach, escalating when appropriate to the management team or other HR SME colleagues.
- Build productive relationships within HR Services, the HR community and the wider business to increase effectiveness.
- Understand expectations in accordance with our Service Level Expectations and take personal responsibility for achieving them and collaborating with others to ensure deadlines are met.
- Actively participate in efforts to support and embed change across HR Services and the wider HR function as well as engaging with continuous service improvements.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness & risk management which includes an understanding of the current environment within which we operate and an ability to adapt recommendations or advice as appropriate.
- Demonstrate a methodical, analytical and clear approach to problems using appropriate tools and technologies to help identify priorities and support solutions.
- Experience of the core Microsoft Office packages is essential, as is knowledge of SAP or other HR systems.
- Support colleagues from other HR teams with note taking at formal meetings.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Cardiff/ Milton Keynes/ UK Wide
Work pattern: 9 FTC. Agile working options available. Home working options available.
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
- Previous HR Advisory experience, ideally from within a generalist HR team.
- CIPD or other relevant HR qualification is preferable.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills, with the gravitas to command professional respect at all levels.
- A confident delivery of verbal and written communications with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Previous experience of end to end case management.
- Organised and motivated, able to motivate others.
- Intermediate level of MS packages.
- SAP experience preferable.
- Adaptable to change and ways of working.
Your service line: Central Business Services (CBS)
CBS comprises seven service areas: Business Support Services; C&I Services; HR Services; IT Business Services; IT Infrastructure Services; Quality, Risk and Security Services; and Workplace Services. We also have two central teams – Delivery Partners and Vendor Management, and Service Management and CSI .Here is where we deliver world-class business support services for our people, our clients and our firm. From HR services, technology and digital support and pensions, to facilities management, and more – together we are a true enabler for better business. Highly skilled, experienced service delivery professionals, we have complete responsibility for processes that drive efficiency and deliver impact. Not just for our internal customers, but for the clients Deloitte works with too. We’re transforming what it means to work in business services; join us and you’ll experience a career full of fantastic opportunities.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your “Immediate Family Members” are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here