Job Title: Key Account Manager
Employer: Capital on Tap
Contract Type: Permanent
At Capital on Tap, we believe in small businesses and their potential. That’s why we are on a mission to build tools for small businesses to help them thrive.
We have helped more than 120,000 small businesses across the UK, Spain, and the US, and hope to partner with more than 1 million businesses by the end of 2025. We have been named by the Financial Times as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in Europe for 5 years in a row and we have a global team of 200 across London, Cardiff, Madrid and Atlanta.
Our people (and our office dogs) really are the best thing about working at Capital on Tap. We have built a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture. Your opportunities for growth are as big as your ambitions and we champion you to pilot your own ideas to have an impact and add value to the business!
We are a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and welcome. We foster an environment that allows people to share, engage, learn, support, participate and work towards positive change. We hold regular culture and inclusion events, such as Black History Month, Pride Week and International Women’s Day and have genuine goals to improve every day. You can read more about these events on our blog, and more about our team and our values here.
Your role as Key Account Manager will be to take our customer care offering to the next level by building closer relationships with our largest and high value customers, whilst working proactively to enhance their experience of our company and encourage them to spend on our card.
- Win the day – part of your role is to enhance the experience of our key account customers by giving them on-demand, incredibly high touch service in a way they’ve never experienced before from our company, and building strong relationships with them along the way.
- Encourage use – our product is fantastic and we want our customers to know it! However, at times, our customers may get stuck in our onboarding funnel or stop using us for whatever reason. In this role we want you to help push these customers through our onboarding funnel, ensure that they’re having a good experience and ultimately maximise their value to us. The aim is to have happy, high value customers putting all of their spend through our card.
- Lay the foundation – you’ll be one of the first members into this team so will be heavily involved in redefining how we do customer service and pivoting us to a more high-touch way of working. You’ll want to experiment with comms and workflows, and figure out what works and what doesn’t. You’ll spend time trying things out, reflecting, and pivoting.
- Shout about it – we’re anxious to learn and share as much about our customers as we can so that we can build better products for them, and serve them better than ever before. You’ll take time to step back and aggregate what you and your team are hearing from our most important customers, and you’ll feed high-signal insights, stories and wins back to the business.
- Improved funnel conversion rates for high potential value customers
- Increased card spend and reduced churn from high potential value customers
- High NPS / CSAT scores
Who we’re looking for:
We’re open to people from a variety of backgrounds – what’s most important is that
- You’re able to demonstrate past success in forging deep relationships with clients or customers.
- Someone who is not afraid to get on the phone and learn from our customers!
- You’ll have a growth mindset and have had experience selling or increasing the value of customers through a sales or account management role
- You’ll be able to work with multiple departments to problem solve to ensure the customer has the best experience possible and can keep spending on their card
- You’ll be able to talk about the pilots, projects, and processes you’ve led that demonstrably enhanced experience metrics
If possible, you have specific experience with small and medium-sized business owners, or with payments or credit products. Neither are essential.
What you’ll get in return
We try not to take ourselves too seriously (all the time) so we make sure our office is decked out with a pool table, arcade machine, beer tap, and a couple of office dogs thrown in for good measure. In addition to a great environment in a buzzing location in Shoreditch we also offer:
- Competitive base salary
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Generous yearly anniversary rewards (including 4 weeks paid sabbatical in year 4)
- We give every employee a learning budget of £1,000 a year to spend on your own personal development (we want to encourage your growth!)
- Private healthcare through Vitality
- Six free therapy sessions
- Opportunities for internal career progression
- Free breakfast and snacks every day
- An opportunity to pilot new ideas that impact the growth and direction of the business
- The chance to work for one of the fastest-growing FinTech companies in the UK
- Travelcard loan and/or cycle to work scheme
Diversity and Inclusion
At Capital on Tap we are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, ability, national origin and all the other characteristics that make us who we are.
We want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and that they can be their authentic selves. We welcome, consider and encourage applications from anyone that shares this passion.
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here