Job Title: Programme Liaison Manager Graduate Programme Wales
Employer: Welsh Contact Centre Forum Ltd
Location: Remote/Penarth based, with travel between employer sites (South Wales).
Job Category: graduate programme Programme Liaison Manager
Contract Type: Full time, fixed term
Graduate Programme Wales are unique, talent creation initiatives managed by the Welsh Contact Centre Forum, delivered in close partnership with a strong consortium of leading employers and academia. The Programmes are part funded by the European Social Fund.
Building a leading graduate development experience is a priority for us and our Programme is becoming a magnet for the highest calibre graduates. Our vision is to create a graduate talent pool of data science / analytics and financial services professionals in the region.
We have developed a unique, rotational graduate programme that helps graduates develop into fully rounded professionals, who grow their careers and deliver value and return to programme employers.
We have delivered financial services & data science graduate programmes since 2013 and have recruited/developed 215 graduates to date. We have a 2-year programme with 38 Financial Services graduates, and we have a 10-month fast track data/ai programme with 14 graduates.
Working with a high performing programme team, we require a talented Programme Liaison Manager who will play a key role in ensuring the successful progress, performance, retention and career development of graduates – from both a work and academic perspective which ultimately helps to deliver programme outcomes.
The Programme Liaison Manager will work closely with graduates, employers and university partners and other key stakeholders, and will play a key role in ensuring.
Graduate motivation & wellbeing – development and performance – retention – employability.
1. Effective and ongoing graduate communications & engagement using digital channels and face-to-face meetings.
2. Ensuring high quality graduate development & performance management by working closely with graduates, employers / managers, and university partners to ensure consistency of approach and standards.
3. Ensuring 98% achievement of Masters qualifications in line with funding outputs.
4. Planning & managing programme rotation process with graduates & employers.
5. Actively supporting recruitment campaigns and assessment centres as required.
6. Wellbeing and support for graduates through coaching and signposting to relevant support services.
7. Ensuring achievement of ESF Cross Cutting Themes relating to equality and diversity, social mobility and sustainability and working with partners such as Careers Wales to plan and deliver graduate volunteering activities for pupils and students.
8. Ensuring graduate employability by programme end – 98% target.
9. Development and ongoing communication with graduate alumni.
10. Communication and liaison with the Managers responsible for the graduate’s work roles.
Education and Experience
• Degree &/or appropriate professional qualification.
• Commercial experience within Management, HR or Learning & Development, preferably within financial / business services environment.
Skills / Competences
• Highly credible and professional, with high level of business acumen.
• Excellent communicator and relationship builder, with ability to communicate across all levels.
• A structured and logical approach and the ability to think and plan with a strong ability to meet deadlines
• Empathetic and pragmatic in the face of problems and solution focussed.
• Self-starter, capable to work both independently and in a team.
• Passionate, hard-working, committed to programme/ graduate success and results.
• Resilient, conflict management
• Team worker, who will find a way to get the job done and have fun doing it.
• Strong ambassador for the Graduate Programmes.
• It would also be desirable to speak and/or write in Welsh.
The role will require travel to employer sites; therefore, a clean driving license is desirable.
The WCCF and Programme are committed to promoting equality, valuing diversity, and working inclusively.
Employer: Welsh Contact Centre Forum Ltd
• Salary: Competitive
• 26 days annual leave + company pension scheme.
• Full time, fixed term contract starting immediately ending 30th September 2023
• Remote/Penarth based, with travel between employer sites (South Wales).
• Closing date 27th May 2022
Applicants are asked to submit a CV and cover letter to email@example.com by the 27th May 2022.