Job Title: Project Manager
Salary: £40,000- £45,000 per annum
Location: Cardiff/ Newport
Job Category: Project Management Project Manager
Contract Type: Full-Time, Permanent
This role will bolster Veezu’s Project Management Office (“PMO”) with responsibility for leading on strategic projects ranging from transformational change to business acquisitions. Veezu’s PMO sits at the heart of our growth taking the lead on the planning, coordination, delivery and evaluation of key value-accretive projects. You will work with executive board members, senior management team colleagues as well as key operational and support function colleagues. A Project Manager in Veezu is not a ‘pure’ project management role. In addition to the traditional aspects of project management you will take a hands-on approach in supporting functions across the business in the development and implementation of the project deliverables.
What can you expect as a Project Manager?
- BUSINESS ACQUISITIONS
Each acquisition is governed via a dedicated project team and as Project Management you would be intrinsically involved in all aspects of the process including origination of the acquisition, pre-acquisition process including operational, financial and legal due diligence, deal execution, planning for completion and integration and delivering the integration plan. Acquisitions can either be by business or share transfers and can involve complex deal structures.
- INFRASTRUCTURE CHANGE
As Veezu continues its exciting change programme, new ways of working and automation are key targets for the business which are governed via a dedicated project team. As the Project Manager, you will take responsibility for driving change across the organisation ranging from the introduction of new IT systems to new product offerings for passengers.
During your journey as a Project Manager, you will…
- Develop project scope, objectives, deliverables and benefits, involve the project steering group and ensure feasibility of the projects.
- Identify and manage inter-dependencies including those between projects and across all aspects of functional BaU.
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan, ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time and within scope.
- Understand the Veezu business model to ensure the project delivery aligns with Veezu’s operational requirements.
- Use effective resource management to ensure that project team and steering group streamline project efficiency and maximise deliverable outputs.
- Project manage across all stakeholder groups and external advisors.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis via Teamwork and project steering group meetings about the progress of the projects.
- Utilise appropriate project management tools and techniques to manage changes in scope, schedule, and cost.
- Assign, monitor and measure project performance using the appropriate systems, tools and techniques (Teamwork, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Excel) and drive the successful completion of short and long-term tasks and milestones.
- Produce appropriate agendas prior to each project steering group meeting.
- Utilise industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution.
- Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of the projects.
- Submit project status reports to the Executive Management Team upon request.
- Undertake risk management assessments to report on, and where possible, minimise any risks associated with projects.
- Report project outcomes to the Executive Management Team and appropriate management channels.
- Evaluate the success of projects against their benchmarks and sharing lessons or best practice with the relevant teams.
- Report and escalate project issues to the project lead when required.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
Our expectations of you…
- Certified project management qualifications (e.g., Prince 2, APM PMQ or other)
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent understanding of MS Office package; Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word. A high level of organisation.
- Is self-motivated with the ability to be driven by deadlines and a desire to succeed.
- Effective communication skills – verbal and written.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Driving licence.
- Experience of mergers and acquisitions is highly desirable.
Working Pattern is Monday – Friday
Working Hours are 9:00am – 5:30pm
At Veezu we believe in creating amazing journeys for all our colleagues. To start your journey with us, click ‘apply’ now!
*Permanent employment is conditional on having a satisfactory DBS check. You will therefore be asked to disclose any unspent convictions at the interview stage. If you start employment with us, you will be asked to engage in the formal DBS checking process.
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here